At Lantern (View All Jobs)
We are seeking a Payments Lead to join the Lantern team to help us navigate the challenges of facilitating payments for our core product in regions with complex censorship restrictions. A successful candidate will have a strong understanding of international payment systems and technologies, including cryptocurrency, and will be able to think creatively and find novel solutions to complex payment issues. Attention to detail and compliance with relevant laws and regulations will be crucial in this role. The Payment Team Lead will also have strong communication skills and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and pivot quickly when necessary. Cultural sensitivity and the ability to navigate a variety of social and political environments will be important as Lantern operates in a variety of international markets. Fluency in Russian, Chinese, or Farsi is a big plus. Experience with project management and general financial acumen will also be valuable.
Lantern is a censorship circumvention tool and peer-to-peer network with over 12 million monthly active users around the world, primarily in countries with the most extreme levels of censorship and digital authoritarianism, including China, Russia, and Iran. Lantern believes access to the uncensored internet is a human right. We are committed to providing private, fast, reliable, and secure access to the free and open internet so that our users, no matter where they are on the planet, can freely seek information and share their stories with each other and the world.
- Lead and manage the payments team, setting goals and priorities and tracking progress
- Develop and implement payment processing systems and technologies that facilitate payments in challenging, often adversarial environments
- Analyze data and identify trends and patterns to optimize payment processing and identify potential issues or challenges
- Communicate with team members, stakeholders, and external partners as needed
- Adapt to changing circumstances and pivot quickly when necessary
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Navigate complex social and political environments and maintain cultural sensitivity in international markets
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Willingness to get stuck in and execute with a high level of focus.
- Deep knowledge of payment systems and technologies, including cryptocurrency
- Strong communication skills and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to navigate complex social and political environments
- Experience with project management
- Fluency in Russian, Chinese, or Farsi is a plus
- Financial acumen and understanding of financial concepts and practices
Location: Remote Salary: $80,000-$110,000 USD
To apply for this position, please send your resume, and a short email indicating your interest in the position to: email@example.com
Innovate Labs provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourage applications from candidates who may be people of color, disabled, gender and sexual minorities, and other disadvantaged backgrounds.