Part-Time Social Media Specialist
At Lantern (View All Jobs)
Lantern seeks an experienced Part-Time Social Media Specialist to create and maintain a strong social media and digital presence for the organization and build followers. This person will serve as the day-to-day manager for all of Lantern’s social media platforms and help create and implement visually appealing and on-brand social and digital content for global audiences.
Lantern is a censorship circumvention tool and peer-to-peer network with over 12 million monthly active users around the world, primarily in countries with the most extreme levels of censorship and digital authoritarianism, including China, Russia, and Iran. Lantern believes access to the uncensored internet is a human right. We are committed to providing private, fast, reliable, and secure access to the free and open internet so that our users, no matter where they are on the planet, can freely seek information and share their stories with each other and the world.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT (45%)
- Daily management of all Lantern’s social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms as added.
- Suggest and create social content and campaigns that align with the organizational mission
- Oversee social media account layout and ensure all links and bios are updated regularly
- Community management, engagement, and escalation of user-related issues and comments, on all social media channels and groups.
- Conduct sentiment analysis and overall review of Lantern on social media platforms and suggest/implement improvements - Keep updated on and inform team members about industry-related media mentions on social media and find opportunities to engage in the conversation.
- Keep apprised of the latest social media best practices, platforms, and technologies
- Explore and implement Meta ad campaigns for various new initiatives
STORYTELLING AND CONTENT CREATION (45%)
- Create original and engaging graphics and images for social media audiences.
- Brainstorm, compile, and create compelling stories for social media and other digital platforms, as part of a developing marketing & communications strategy.
- Conduct storytelling-driven interviews with Lantern users, supporters, influencers, celebrities, and donors. Test and analyze the executed content for future storytelling projects & campaigns
COLLABORATION & MEETINGS (10%)
- Work closely with other internal teams as necessary, to ensure accurate and timely content
- Share identified opportunities and content with team members for utilization across multiple channels
- Attend team meetings and meetings with other teams as necessary to align on strategy and goals
You are a communicator who has a deep passion for human rights issues, and using social media is your primary tool of expression. You are skilled at managing digital communities and creating engaging and informative social media content that has cultural and societal relevance. You are an artist who can create moving and thought provoking images. You are collaborative when aligning on goals and strategies and can work independently to implement them. You’re a creative, out-of-the-box, solutions-driven thinker. You are mission-driven, positive, and eager to expand your knowledge. You have the ability to inspire and motivate.
Skills and Experience Required
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- 3-5 years experience in social media marketing, community management, content creation, and communications.
- Preferred, but not required - Experience with the internet freedom community, tech organizations, human rights or civil society organizations, and/or the non-profit fundraising space.
- Excellent and concise written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and engage with a diverse audience.
- 3-5 years experience in asset creation tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (ideally Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects, and PremierePro).
- Proficient technical understanding of social media platforms and organic algorithms.
- Big picture focus, but willing to also have strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to global issues, human rights, justice, diversity, inclusion, and equity work. A portfolio of your work (website, campaign examples, or body of work)
To apply for this position, please send your resume, your portfolio (website, campaign examples, or body of work) and a short email indicating your interest in the position to: email@example.com
Innovate Labs provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourage applications from candidates who may be people of color, disabled, gender and sexual minorities, and other disadvantaged backgrounds.